Sunday, April 15, 2012

Undeniable Incandescence

Everybody has something they can't resist. Some quality that will always draw you to another person, like joy, or selflessness, or something of that type. But then, I've noticed, there are some people who you are drawn to inexplicably. And just to clarify, I don't mean this strictly in a romantic sense, but more generally in just the sense of liking who a person is. For instance, one of the girls I worked with at camp last summer was just wonderful. She was so alive. She just had that quality that made you want to spend time with her. In the past few months I've been lucky enough to encounter a few more choice people of this type, and what a blessing it has been. What a blessing just to spend time with them. I suppose it boils down to the fact that these people are  simply incandescent and I'm just a moth to the flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment