Sunday, June 2, 2013

Let's Camp

It's that time of year again - summer. This post is only going to be a real quick update, because with summer comes summer camp, and that means limited internet access! I've been at camp for two weeks now, for training and orientation, and today is finally the day that campers come! I can't believe it's already here! This week I'll have the youngest cabin, a group of girls who just finished first grade. Crazy! I am certain that the week ahead will be crazy and hilarious all at the same time. And I'm stoked!

But rewinding a little bit, orientation and training were so much fun (camp has a way of making everything fun, doesn't it?) I made some wonderful new friends and got re-trained on our ropes courses. We spend two days in a big convention center doing all camp staff orientation - going over major rules and policies. With all of us together, I think we total something over 1,300 college students - so you can imagine how much fun we have! It's a magnificent time compiled of worship, lessons, skits, and a LOT of dancing. Those two days really are my favorite days of the year, second only to Christmas.  

So as I'm typing this now, I'm sitting on my bed in my cabin, trying to relish these last few moments of rest. The Bible verses are all posted on the walls and everything's ready to go! My hope is that this week will challenge me in new ways and give me an opportunity to share the Gospel in ways that are rare outside of camp. I may or may not have time to write on the weekends, but hopefully I can keep this semi-updated! If you're my friend on Facebook, I've posted my mailing address at camp and always love a good letter! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment