Friday, August 31, 2012

Two words: curdled milk. Ok and one more word: blech. As of this morning I've sworn off milk in Europe. I don't know what it is, maybe they don't use preservatives or something, but what I do know is that I bought a small bottle of milk on Wednesday and by Friday it was curdled. Yech. Needless to say, this was not the best way to start my day. Aside from it though, the day was fairly good! We had our university orientation this morning at 9 and we successfully navigated the buses and found the meeting room and arrived on time for the first time since we've been here! YAY! After the meeting we finished up some visa business which was really nice to finally be able to check off the list. Once that was done, we grabbed lunch at a little cafe down the street from the university then headed back to the apartment amidst the brewing storm clouds. We got hit by a little rain on our way back to the apartment but the storm  really hit once we were safe inside. And it was wonderful. I fell into a wonderfully happy sleep with the rain pouring outside. It was great. The forecast for the next couple of days is cooler and rainy so I'm pumped!

After the lovely nap, we pulled ourselves together around six and decided to go in search of a new market, considering the one we were currently using was not doing us much good. And we found one! Oh was it glorious! It was much more like an American market in that it had a much larger variety of goods, including many non-food essentials. So I was finally able to get my hands on necessities such as a hairbrush, kleenex, tape, and many other magical things. Grocery stores are magical places. For Sure. Post-grocery store we headed back to the apartment and one of my roommates cooked a lovely chicken and rice dinner for all of us. It was so lovely to be able to cook and eat in our own apartment. But most importantly, the brightest highlight of my day was because I finally found some tape, I was able to put up all my pictures in my room! Yay! Now it feels much more my own and I'm much happier now that I have all the lovely faces of my friends and family smiling down at me. I really couldn't be happier.

And now, as I'm writing this, I'm siting in the living room with my roommates planning our fall break trip! We're going to conquer Paris, London, and Dublin - oh it will it be wonderful! I'm getting so excited!

I'm still counting my lucky stars that I'm settling in so well. I truly can't express how faithful God has been in providing good friends, good fellowship, and a great comfort and peace in my heart. Blessings upon blessings.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment