Sunday, April 19, 2015

I Left My Heart in Texas

It's been a big year, friends. I have been stretched, challenged, molded, and blessed throughout the course of these past ten months. When I moved to Tennessee to take a First Grade teaching job at a  Title 1 school, I was taking a big jump. I didn't know people here and had no connection to the area other than this is where I felt the Lord wanted me to be. And from where I stand now, I still see it the same way. This is exactly where I needed to be for how long I needed to be. This first year out of college has been a breakout year, a year to be independent and jump into teaching feet first with no reservations. He was faithful in his provision of solid community, good friends, and a school that has refined and encouraged me.

Aside from all the ways this year has been great, it has also been challenging. Parts of this year have been a struggle and have felt rather defeating. It has been a very full year with never a boring moment. And it is because of this very busy and challenging year that I've come to realize I need to be closer to my family. Essentially, I don't want to waste any more time not being near them. My dad has always emphasized the importance of people and I've been lucky enough to see that importance manifest itself in my life in the past couple of years. People are important and I want to be as close as I can to those who are important to me.  So over this summer, after the close of this school year I'll be moving back to Texas. And as far as I can see, this is a permanent step: I have no future plans to move out of that great state's borders. It was a long, drawn out decision, but I am very content with it, and what's more I am very excited! The concept of being near family again is positively perfect! It's been five years since I've lived in the same city as my siblings and my parents and the thought of getting to see them on a regular basis is awesome. They'll be around, I'll be around, and I can see them whenever I want without having to sit on a stuffy plane for three hours. Woot woot! So here's to investing more into the people that we love.

So that's my news friends! Come July, I'll be returning to the promised land of the south. After five years of living life outside of Texas' borders, I am so looking forward to coming home.

Cheers!

And psssssssst...I'm currently hunting for a K-2 teaching job in the Dallas area, so if you have any connections or hear of anything, please don't hesitate to let me know! Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment