Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bellisima Ballet Thursday

I really don't have much to say about this week. Classes were normal, oh and we had a public transportation strike on Wednesday. It really didn't mean all that much, we just had to walk the 1.5 mile route to class. But don't worry, we were rewarded with a cone of gelato. Well worth it. Other than that though, the week was pretty average. Except for today. Today was splendid. Yes, today marks the beginning of the weekend, yes I'm leaving for a fabulous trip in the morning, oh no. It was because I went to the Ballet. The Ballet. 

I have dreamed of going to the Ballet ever since I was a little girl. Ballet has always been something that entranced me. I love the grace, the floaty costumes, the way the ballerinas seem to weigh nothing and every move they make is artful. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I didn't continue ballet past the age of 9. And now, at age 20, in Rome, I finally got myself there. I went to the Ballet. I went to the Ballet in Rome. It was Romeo e Giulietta the Ballet, at Il Teatro dell'Opera di Roma. The show was marvelous. The opera house was fantastic. I think it's the happiest I've been in a while. I still can't believe I went the the Ballet in Rome. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. 

our "front and center" seats. NOT. but worth every penny!

so so SO happy to be there

ceiling and chandeliers 

the level of our seating. we were in little bitty rows that went up like steep stadium seats.

This will undoubtedly be one of the most treasured memories from my time in Rome. Tomorrow we leave for Sorrento, Capri, and Pompei! It's going to be a great weekend. PLUS, Mom and Dad will arrive in Rome on Monday!!! So many wonderful things happening in such a short amount of time! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment