Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cappuccetto Rosso e Yoga

I can't believe I'm saying it, but the last few days in Rome have been uneventful. Relatively. And I guess relatively uneventful is better than just plain old uneventful. Right? But today and yesterday have had some notable tid bits! For one, I finally had coffee! Granted, it wasn't a classic Italian cappuccino at a coffee bar, but hey, it was coffee. My first coffee since I've gotten to Italy. It's lame-o instant coffee out of a packet but it smells like coffee and tastes like coffee and it's good enough for now.

A big mile marker for today - it's the two week mark!  I can't believe I've been here for two weeks! I can not wait to see what the rest of the semester holds!

For some reason I'm stale on my writing currently, so please excuse this poor transition....

Here are two more highlights for the day:
1. In my Italian class today, my professor told us the story of Cappuccetto Rosso. For 15 minutes. Anybody want to whip out their Italian dictionary and figure out who Cappuccetto Rosso is? I didn't think so. It's Little Red Riding Hood! I just got such a kick out of how here, in Rome, at a unversity, my professor took up 15 minutes of our class to tell us the story of Cappuccetto Rosso. 

2. After Italian class ended at 6:40, I went with Lindsey and Abbie to a university provided trial-yoga class on the terrace of one of the campus buildings. I had been up there once before and it has a gawgeous view of Rome. It was so wonderful to finish the day off with yoga, on a rooftop, in Rome. I mean really. It was timed so perfectly that we got to watch the sun go down, the city light up, and the stars come out. 

Finally, I'll leave you with this: this upcoming weekend is going packed to the brim with excitement. I can't wait for it and I especially can't wait to tell you about it! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment